Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Purpose

Have you ever wondered if God has a purpose for you?  If you're anything like me, you KNOW that God does have a purpose for you but you might not always FEEL that he has a purpose for you.  I have really been struggling with this over the last few months.  Without going into details, I found myself in a place where I wasn't comfortable.  I really have been questioning what God wanted from me.

During this time, my reaction was to push God away - not on purpose mind you, but I definitely was.  When I finally realized what I was doing I decided to call out to God.  First for forgiveness for pushing Him away but secondly, I cried out to God for him to show me that purpose.  I felt purposeless and needed to know that this wasn't true.

Yesterday, I started a job that quite honestly, I was not thrilled with.  To me this is a temporary job, just to get us by.  The days preceding I felt down and depressed and I couldn't figure out what God was doing.  So this is when I literally cried out to my Heavenly Father.  

I immediately felt the peace that can only be a divine peace.  God showed me that no matter where I was, He was using me.  I needed to realize that He places all of us in situations that can be used to point others towards Him.

If I had any doubt about what God was saying to me he proved it to me today.  I was at work today when a man came in who knew me.  He said to me that the people where I am working needed to be influenced.  He said that I could minister to them.  Immediately I knew that God was speaking through this man!

Through this one statement God confirmed that he has a purpose for me - no matter where I am.  God is in control and he places us where He needs us.

No comments:

Post a Comment